Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I have a lot of work to do

I just spent nearly three hours talking to my favorite bookstore owner in the world about my now edited book, and I have a lot to do. I knew this was coming; my first book, frankly, is pretty damn disorganized since I started writing it in a pretentious style that I eventually gave up on and went to a more readable style. Now, since there's no real timeline at all, there's a bunch I gots to fix, starting with figuring out how in the hell to make this book make sense on a timeline. That'll be fun. There's stuff to add, stuff to remove, stuff to rework, and stuff to just stare at in irritation trying to figure out how to write a damn sentence so that it makes some freaking sense. That last one's probably the hardest part since I couldn't write the sentences to make sense in the first place.

On the one hand, this is going to be hard work and at times really annoying. On the other hand, I have, on and off, done little happy dances here and there, even in public, because I'm so stoked that my editor actually liked my book. Plus the idea that I might actually be published, after years of writing stuff, is really freaking cool. So I'm quite happy about this.

Writing: one of the only times I'm happy I have OCD, as being obsessive is very helpful when keeping plot details straight. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home