Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Book watch:

Outline: 34 pages.

So far in book: 38 pages.

I have, of course, deviated greatly from my outline while writing, but I'm more or less staying on track and writing a bunch. My job lately has been actually workful, but in that way that I get to sit around reading, writing, or whatever while computers run scripts for me. Real work may be around the corner, but for the moment I'm just happy to be writing again and going quickly with my new book. I imagine this won't take more than a year to write, depending on plenty of factors, but if it were to keep up at this rate, I might be able to get it done in under six months. That would scare even me. Because then I'm sure I'll have worked in plot points that totally contradict one another.

Other book watch: I'm printing out my first book, my personal new edit, and taking that to el bookstore owner to edit. He should get into that one quickly, and since it's a better written edition it should go faster for everyone involved. Soon as he's done, I'm going to start submitting and therefore failing to get published. I'll let you know how that goes whenever that happens. I'm going to try submitting to Tor Publishing first, and then I'll go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home