Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, August 04, 2006

F.E.A.R.

I know I'm like a year, maybe two late, in reviewing this game, but I have to report that it's freaking awesome. My biggest annoyance is that movement is a bit slow, but that's because it's completely based on actual human movement, so you do actually run with a believable pace. Other then that, the guns, the powers, the story, the voice acting... everything is awesome. I personally like how, once in a while, when you shoot someone just right with the shotgun, you blow their body entirely in half. I also like that the proximity grenades leave just enough time for the soldiers who stumble upon said grenades to yell "Fuck!" or "Oh shit!" before evaporating into a pile of goo. I also like that remote bombs stick to people. That's just funny.

So, in review, if you like ultra creepy fps games that give you wicked weapons, cool "uber reflex" powers, multiple melee attack options, and actually have your enemies be smart and yell obscenities, then you'll like F.E.A.R. Or at least, I will.

One suggestion: don't play the game in the dark. It gets really creepy if you do that shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home