Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

so.... happy...

My life has been something of a downer lately. I'm sure those of you who've paid any attention to my blog know why. However, at Kung Fu tonight, a dream I've been waiting to come true for years finally did... I got a straight sword! In case you don't know what they look like, here's a nice looking one. Mine was cheaper, but the evil giggling has been going on and off for a while now. Granted, the gay ass tassle on the back of the thing has already irritated me by wacking me in the face like ten times. I've done my best to shorten up the bloody tassle, but so far, no such luck. Still giggling. The Chinese straight sword, or Jian, is one of the only melee weapons I think stands a bloody chance against a Katana, which is part of why I want to learn it.

Another nice plus to my day is that an email I sent with some serious reservations turned out to have just the effect I was hoping for: I made someone happy. In so doing I felt much better about myself as I hadn't been doing a great job of making people happy lately.

Now, I'm going to finish watching "S.S. Doomtrooper", possibly one of the silliest movies I've ever seen on SciFi (and that's saying something). It may be retarded, but I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Something about a big blue german genetic monster is just compelling... and very, very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home