Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Samurai Champloo

Though easily mistaken for Samurai Shampoo, Champloo is one of the better anime series out there. I've heard it said that what Bebop did for jazz, Champloo does for hip hop. I don't know that I'd entirely agree with that, but all in all the music for the series is impressive even for a style of music I personally try to avoid. There are definitely parts of the show that made me laugh so hard it hurt, and that never makes me unhappy about an anime series. All in all, I'd say it's not as good as Bebop, but it's rather hard to find anything that even compares to Bebop, so take that as still a good sign. Now I just have to decide if I'm going to start watching Technolyze or Those Who Hunt Elves next. Given how funny Champloo was, I'm thinking Technolyze. I haven't hurt my brain lately, even with .hack, so perhaps that's the way to go...

Speaking of hurting my brain, I need to find people to play Go with. If you don't know what it is, think a strange bastard child of Othello and chess and you'll be nowhere near close, but you'll get the basic idea. The game was developed over approximately 2k years in Asia, and it's really hard and fun. Sadly not many people play it, so I'll just have to keep looking for players. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home