Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Book watch

Well, I have added over 4k words to my book and I'm not done yet. I've rearranged things, added things, deleted things, and I'm realzing more and more how freaking vital timelining/outlining a book BEFORE I start writing is. I'm so glad I don't start a book till I've outlined it these days. Wrangling my story, that I love dearly, into a new form that I still love is very, very difficult. Remembering to change all the little details throughout the entire book is a new kind of pain I didn't know existed. Editing, though utterly vital, sucks.

On the plus side, I'd say I'm more than halfway done, if not more, so I'm moving along again. I realize that I've gotten to the point that if I need to write something, I can sit down and get words on paper (so to speak). They aren't necessarily good words, but sometimes it's more important to write something then to agonize about making something perfect and writing nothing as a result. My urge to just get this goddamn done is getting back to full power, so hopefully I can muscle my way through the rest of the changes and get this back to fbo very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home