Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Book watch:

Progress on editing my 1st novel has slowed to essentially a halt at this point. I have made dozens of little changes, improving grammar here and there, and spelling stuff. I have made larger changes, further building the relationship between wizard and apprentice, giving some people more screen time, and such. But there is so much more to do. First I have to change the book from being vague about where it is located to firmly in Delaware. Second, I have to get across that people aren't all necessarily the same age. Lastly, some characters need far more screen time or I'm going to have to cut them entirely, which will make my life really difficult as those characters that don't show up enough are actually heavily mentioned in the second book. This is making my life difficult. On the suggestion of my favorite bookstore owner in the world (henseforth FBO), I have taken some time away from writing to give it time to gestate. I'm still not quite sure how to move on with the editing, and it's been several days, but perhaps I'll have some luck when I pick it up again. I've also ground to a halt in my high fantasy book, so writing has been few and far between lately. Fortunately my DS still amuses me greatly, but I'm gonna have to get back to writing soon. I want to get this show on the road already. If I could have signed copies of my very own published book as not wedding gifts for my favorite people in Boston that would be swell since they couldn't turn them down. I'll have to work on that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home