Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, January 15, 2007

This might be a bad idea...

I've certainly never been one to back down from the plate just because a gorilla was pitching. After a chat with my psychiatrist we decided it was high time to start stepping back my current addiction to prescription drugs and start lowering doses. Not of the stuff that definitely works, but the Wellbutrin, something that may be helpful and may be totally overpowered by the other drugs. I was taking 300mg extended release tablets one a day, and that was theoretically helpful, but now with the new drugs its worth testing to see if the Wellbutrin is actually doing anything anymore.

I'm down to 150mg extended release starting today, so we'll see what wacky twists and turns my psyche takes. Personally, I don't expect much of anything to change. The difference of me on Wellbutrin and me off Wellbutrin, based on my experiences in the past, isn't much different though it was significant. I am grouchy and surly, moreso than normal, but the question is if that will hold true while I'm on these other drugs. I'm thinking, comparatively speaking, Wellbutrin is like the .22 surrounded by .50s. It was good for shooting birds and squirrels, but now we're hunting bigger game. That's really how a lot of my recent life altering experiences have felt like, that being my previous efforts to help myself were the little efforts, like hunting deer with a sling shot; now I'm more appropriately armed, attacking from two fronts, and even on my days of weakness I still feel stronger than I ever did before. Eventually I will win. It's only a matter of time.

For now, we'll just see how my new daily concoction treats me. If I'm suddenly grumpier or surlier, do let me know that I'm off my rocker. I'll readjust teh medxor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home