Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

An interesting site and questions of timing...

Single ol' me, I found myself interested in a site posted on Digg.com, that being OkCupid.com, a free online dating site. Curious and poor, I signed up and started poking around. I gotta tell you, it's one hell of a time sink. The basis of the site is that you answer questions from a database of currently nearly 3k question, and give a weight on how your "ideal match" would answer the question ranging from irrelevant to mandatory. Then the site compares the questions you've both answered and creates matches based on that. Obviously, like eHarmony, honesty rather than answering questions the way you think people want you to answer them, works much better for making matches with people, but you knew that.

It's odd. In most social scenarios, online or otherwise, I don't normally stick out much. On this site I'm commenting on whatever seems interesting, blogging stuff, chatting with my commentors. Who know why exactly I'm so much more casual about chatting, but hey? I ain't complaining.

As for the timing, life is doing what it normally does. Even though I'm just getting used to this new site for dating, I'm going to be meeting someone new next week. I won't call it a date, as I'm not certain what it is exactly, but I am meeting a nice girl who is a friend of a friend to play Go, so there are certain similarities you could point out there. I just thought the timing was entertaining that I'd start meeting people online just in time to meet someone in person. This is the way life normally works for me, so I'm not surprised, but I am amused.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya. I was there, and I'm still not convinced it was a date, but how did it go? Sorry to bust in at the end like that..hope you had a decent New Years!

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home