Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Ahh... The stink of clean.

My major accomplishment for the weekend was cleaning my house on a massive scale. I think my house is now cleaner than it has been possibly since I moved in. Honestly I found some of the scariest dust monsters I've ever seen in there. I really should clean more often, but I'm lazy and a little dust doesn't bother me that much. I do feel good about all that cleaning though. There is something very satisfying about working like that with such a goal in mind and achieving that goal. I mean my job has lots of satisfaction when I get some obscure way of doing things to work, but the simple "I did this" feeling I get from manual labor is somehow just as satisfying if not more so. I should go help build another barn.

One thing I found while cleaning was photographic evidence of a better time in my life. I found some pictures of some occasion, presumably my birthday party, and it was an artifact of a past life. In this picture I looked happy, all my friends, even the ones who are missing from my life now, were there, and they all looked happy too. It was a bittersweet discovery, of course(except for the picture of my sister's cat which I was actually happy to find). So what'd I do with the photos? What I did with everything else I didn't want to think about from back then: throw them the fuck out(excepting, of course, the cat photo). I don't like photos in the first place, so it was hardly a stretch to glance at something that was mildly depressing and then throw it away without a worry. If finding those pictures tells me anything, it is this: I need new photos from my life now that I am happier. That way when I throw them out I won't even ponder the whole unhappy past thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home