Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Man is it good to be playing again...

Thanks to the wonder of repairing recently remiss relationships, I have landed myself in a D&D campaign. More importantly, this is an all undead characters campaign, which, considering my previous rants about how awesome necromancers are, you probably have gathered I think that's cool. And it is cool! I'm not being very creative; my character is quite similar to the last character I played in a D&D capaign. The only difference is that this time rather than my character slowly becoming more undead, I'm starting from undead and getting more evil.

Once again I am playing a NE (Neutral Evil) character, otherwise known as a sociopath. There are those that say CE (Chaotic) is the most dangerous evil, but they underestimate what that N on NE does for evil. Some would think that NE people try to balance their good and evil while staying on the side of evil... Not so! Neutral Evil people do everything out of pure self interest. They are not concerned with abiding the law, even for evil purposes, and they find that chaos is too predictable. NE kill for profit, for fun, or are kind and compassionate for no apparant reason.

As such, in game, I've already had a quite evil idea. My party mates and I were raised with the purpose of finding and returning our master's soul, as it had been parted from him somehow. We were tasked with returning it to our master and returning him to his former glory. As a spellcaster (necromancer. shocking.) I had a better idea, which I mentioned to one of the other morally ambiguous characters I'm playing with: there's this spell called Magic Jar wherein you pop out your soul and then steal another person's soul and store it in this jar. My idea was to take that spell and use it to steal our master's soul as it is apparantly without body right now. Then we either ransom the soul back to him, or find his enemies and sell to the highest bidder. Possibly even better, find a way to use his soul to become even more powerful than he. My fellow evil-doer seemed to like this idea. Given how he normally works, he'll mull over this problem and when next we meet he'll have lots of evil ideas of how to make use of this plot.

So yeah... I'm happy to be playing again. I'm just waiting for some situations wherein I can use my sociopathic tendencies for awesome. Especially when I start passing for human. Muhahahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home