Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

So it begins...

Who among you is prepared for the madness? Who among you can say that you've done something so insidious so evil? That's right, I've started learning the Dvorak keyboard. So, yeah, my hands hurt. Keeping QWERTY and DVORAK straight in my mind might be a tiny smidgen difficult, but even as I am learning I can see why we uber geeky people like the other design. It might take a while to get good at it, but with luck I'll be able keep both typing styles straight in my head till I can drop QWERTY entirely.

Of course, now I have truly gone to the dark side. There's no hope for me. I am as geeky as anyone can possibly be. I have my own Linux box, I constantly extoll the greatness of open sourse software, I'm a programmer by trade, an anime nerd, and book nerd. What else can I do to be more geeky? Seriously, there's not much left to do to be geekier. I suppose you might be thinking about creepy stuff like getting way too far into Tolkien or Star Trek, but that's just not going to happen.

Sadly, if I like Dvorak enough to change to it permanently, it's going to make me hate vi even more. And it's my only option to do a lot of things at work. This will make me very unhappy, but I already hated vi, so what's the difference, really? None, that's what.

Bah. Dinner, she waits for no man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home