Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dvorak is hard

Though I have not been in the chattiest or bloggiest of moods lately, the most honest and humbling truth is that learning this new keyboard design is much harder than I was anticipating and it makes me not want to write. I'm still toughing it out as I never go down without a fight, but after a bit over a week of practice I am only managing around 20 wpm. Coming down from 90-100 wpm is very difficult and it is slowing me down at work a bit. I actually had to switch back to qwerty to get something done quickly today. That sucked.

I did know this would be hard, don't get me wrong, I just wasn't thinking it would be this hard. I do have little bursts of speed from time to time, so its not all frustration. I am of the opinion that as qwerty slowly begins to fade from my memory that Dvorak will take its place. The question is how long will that be? Writing takes too long like this and I can only go so long before I have to scratch that itch. If I haven't improved by about 30-40 wpm in two weeks, I'll admit defeat and switch back. Hopefully I will have good news by then.

In other news, my recent trip to Boston was one of the best times I have had in a long while. Though I did spend a lot of my drunk time talking to and hitting on some very attractive ladies (I did comment on the bride's ass, but that wasn't my fault! One of the wedding pictures actually was a great shot of the bride's ass.), really I was just having a good time seeing two of my favorite people finally stop living in sin. My closest friend's girlfriend also single handedly made me feel better about myself than I have in a long time. No, nothing taudry happened. I don't do things like that to my friends. Just some smiles at the right times, some kind words, and one spiritual boot to the head. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if anyone does anything to disrupt their relationship, my wrath will know no bounds. So I have spoken.

This took entirely too long to type, so I am going to go eat, drink, and veg out now. Tah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home