Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My brain hurts

Though I am rather used to having battles in my head, I am not used to this. The qwerty layout in my head is actively fighting with the dvorak layout in my head and is making improvement in my dvorak speed very difficult. Literally, when I start trying to type fast wherein I stop consciously thinking about each individual keystroke, my fingers instinctually revert to qwerty and things get all garbled. I have been at this for over a month now, and my patience is dwindling. Though I like the layout, I am having such a hard time forgetting qwerty that I am begining to wonder if it is possible for me ever to regain my old speed. Though I hate the idea of giving up, I hate the idea of typing half as fast even more.

I'll stick it out a bit longer. It's possible there's some block that I am just about to break through that will get me to the speeds I require, but I am not holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home