Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Windows part II

There were some glitches here and there but everything is back to normal. In fact things may even be more normal now than they were before.

My windows are in. I'm not 100% happy with how I made it down this path, but the important details, the windows, are completed. Now the novelty of opening and closing my windows has become something of an obsession, as this is the first time, ever, I've been able to open most of them. So I've been wandering around my house, actually opening my shades enough to open my windows, marvel at them being open, then closing them again. They also have this neat feature wherein you can swing the windows out from the wall so you can clean the outside of the windows while still inside your house, and that rules. But really, just opening and closing my windows over and over has provided me with far too much amusement.

Last night, when the searing of meat provided smoke, rather than just turn on my weak anti-smoke blowy thing, I opened some windows! It got rid of the smoke! Huzzah! Also, when I turned my heat past 50 degrees, the heater went on once in three hours! Huzzah! Any annoyance I felt yesterday has pretty much disolved under the sheer amusement value of me opening and closing windows and realizing that my heating bill is going to plummet. When it's cold again. I mean, I know my heating bill is going to go down now that it's almost nearly officially spring, I'm not that much of an idiot. Stop looking at me like that.

Anyway, to bring something of a point to this rambling post: I like windows that open and then close. I'm not sure I'll like watching my savings decrease by 2/3, but I'll get over it. 'Tis a wise investment in the long run.

Window goes up... Window goes down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home