Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Vacation in colder climes

I am going on vacation starting tomorrow. I'm headed north to Boston till next Friday and I'm damn happy about it. I need a vacation. I haven't been out of town in a while, I've been getting stressed out, and I just need a freaking break from it all. I want to go not work for a week, stay away from everything that's been bugging me, and go drink tea at Peet's with two of my dearest friends in the world. I want to eat great food (which is easy in Boston), drink great beer and whiskey (also easy), and otherwise be as lazy as humanly possible. I've got a new DS game (I may get a second today), I'm taking books, and I'm definitely going to try to get back to writing again. Ok, writing might not be lazy, but so long as I'm not at work, thinking about work, or anything else that's been bugging me (work or otherwise), good the hell enough.

It doesn't look like it's going to be quite as cold as it was the last time I went to Boston in February. That's sort of unfortunate, as I do happen to like cold. But it's not likely to breach 40 while I'm there, so that's a plus. There are certainly those that have accused me of insanity for enjoying Boston in winter and hoping for cold, but what can I say other than, well, I am insane, just not for those reasons. I like snow, cold, and ice. I'm one of the few, but that just means that my favorite Bostonites get a regular visitor in the off-season and I doubt they'll complain about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home