Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, February 02, 2007

my drug situation

I am of the mind that reducing my Wellbutrin was a good idea. I don't feel more anxious really, as far as I can tell. I'm still living without the fear and dread that I felt before my new drugs. Situations that normally would have left me a quivering horrible mess are now just getting shrugged off as if they are simply things I can handle. All in all, things seem to be going fine.

Minus one little detail: I've been biting my nails and fingers to the point of blood again. It's like coming down off this drug means I need to gnaw on things like some kind of rodent. My therapist suggested that it's probably just a reaction to decreasing a medication I've been taking for like 6 years and that I'll be fine as my body adjusts further. I sure hope so. Self-inflicted bleeding fingers are rather unpleasant, though I'll be damned if I can figure out how to stop myself.

Anyway, with things going as well as they are, I figure the next psychiatric stop will be "hey, that shit worked, lets drop the perscp even lower this time!" Assuming that also goes well, I figure I should be completely off Wellbutrin by summertime. And that would be fine by me. I'd like to be on less über-powerful psychotropic drugs if at all possible, and the idea that I would save money doing so is also a powerful motivating factor. Don't think for a second that I'd sacrifice my mental health for a little more money a month, but if I can get down to two medications a month, I'd be real happy.

To work with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home