Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Metal

Probably due to my recent discovery of the awesome that is Metalocolypse, I have found myself looking once again to heavier music to get me through the day. Music, for me, tends to be somewhat cyclical in nature. For a while I'll want to listen to classical, that will be replaced by blues, then techno, then punk or ska, and then random assorted music before turning to hardcore music again. I do love the eclectic nature of my musical tastes, but sometimes it's really hard to get from one style of music to another since I'm as picky about music as I am about anything else.

Enter Black Metal Radio. I've been listening to bands like "Forever Mourne" and "Golgoroth" all morning, and it's really clicking for some reason. I wouldn't normally listen to these bands, as I do insist on a certain level of singing talent in the bands I listen to normally, but right now these gravelly, screaming voices are just what I'm in the mood for. I'm fairly certain most of the people I know really don't like this kind of metal quite as much as me (excepting, of course, the Mother Fucking Man), but that's never stopped me from listening to whatever before, so it's hardly going to stop me now.

Black metal is kind of amusing in a predictable way. There are some standards I've come to expect from this music: screaming, fast guitars, and such are the obvious ones, but the more entertaining ones like the occasional inclusion of symphonic orchestral music and weird "scary" background noises are just fun. I realize I'm probably supposed to take this seriously and scream "RAAA!" every time I hear these silly things in the background, but it's honestly too funny for that. I'm sure that wasn't the intent, but I'm a weird guy.

Anyway, I should stop slacking and actually work more. The only news about my job and raise is that both my partner in crime and I are considering just not coming to work for a while until our superiors get their damn acts together and pay us our fucking money. Strike or something. Whatever, more on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home