Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, September 28, 2007

My job is not lost

Contrary to popular belief here a couple days ago, most of our jobs were secure. Most importantly, my job is secure, and I am on one of the teams least likely to lose anyone for any reason for at the bare minimum a year. My stress levels have decreased significantly.

One big downside is that the boss that I was so fond of got axed. He was funny, fun, sarcastic, and very good at what he did. I'm not happy that he's gone, not even slightly. Thankfully, the man replacing him is a very nice and, in my experience, very good manager. He'll have one hell of a pair of shoes to fill, but I think he's up to the task. He's already taken my side over a certain very annoying business person, and snickered when I mentioned how I was being nice, so he's starting on the right path.

Though my job is reasonably secure, I don't know how much more I can stand of this company. Theoretically a lot of training and new technologies are going to be appearing soon, so I'm going to get as much experience as I can stand to get before seeking new employment. Who knows, maybe this job will actually become one I want to keep and that specter of unemployment will disappear? More likely, I'll be looking for a new job in six months to a year, but this time I'll be looking on my terms while I still have a job. Looking for a job without desperation but out of interest is going to be a new and interesting experience for me. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that for a while. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home