Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, August 20, 2007

More book news

Here's an interesting piece of news: my personal editor, that being my favorite bookstore owner in the world, is not only my personal editor, but also appears to be becoming an editor for the publisher I am currently wooing with my writing. That's very good for me in that FBO is already doing everything he can to pimp me out to this publisher. Actually working for the guy in an official fashion can only help me.

On top of that, there's some thinking that perhaps my book will be the first of an illustrated novel. Not like every page, but having say an illustrated new chapter page. I personally see that as being potentially awesome so long as the artist is someone that I enjoy his stuff. Some artist whom I don't really connect with wouldn't exactly sit well with me. Hell, I could just comission my sister to draw some shit. It's not really her thing, but at least I could work with her to get things going. Who knows what some anonymous artist who don't know me who I don't know would do if I didn't already know and like his work?

Anyway, the actual book news is that all the Jerry Bruckhiemering has been completed, printed, and turned over for editing along with my third book. Lots is getting done in the realm of editing and stuff, some of that being my first novel, so hopefully I get the ok from FBO about the new stuff soon! It's months yet before I'll hear about my short story, but I have an upcoming interview with my old boss' boss' boss for my fourth book, so between that and a tiny bit of writers block in my high fantasy book, I've got lots to work on. Good thing I'm really busy at work. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home