Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, August 13, 2007

book update

Book update and short story update! I have met my hopefully soon to be publisher at a book signing at my favorite bookstore. I met him and one of my favorite authors to boot, so it was kinda cool. My total lack of ability to shmooze was something of a problem, but I did give the short story to the guy and after just glancing at it he said "this is just what I was looking for", which I took to be a good sign. Hopefully I will have more good signs or even good news soon!

The book is being worked on. I am putting in my Jerry Bruckheimer Style changes, and while they are actually fun to write, they are forcing me to very carefully parse everything else I wrote to find all the places where I have to adjust things to keep to continuity. I also had to cut like a thousands words here and there, but I think, in the end, it will all be worth it. The publisher guy sounded, dare I say, somewhat excited to read my book after I get my changes done, so I'm definitely going to try to get those completed this week and into the right hands.

After working this long and ahrd for what might have been nothing but fun for myself it is, I have to admit, both fascinating and nerve-wracking. It both fills me with a nervous dread, and an excitement that this might actually go somewhere interesting! I've always said if I make as much as $50 off the first book I'd be happy, but at this rate I might make almost eight times that amount off the short story alone. I can't help but think that's cool.

So I'm excited. I doubt anyone will blame me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home