Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Friday, July 20, 2007

An unexpected shift in reality

As many people do, I have my resume online at Dice.com. This has resulted in almost no useful job offers, but up until today they've always been similar. The people sending me offers obviously never actually even so much as glanced at my resume or online information on Dice, and sent me jobs that asked for things like "senior software engineer", "ten years experience in SQLServer2k", and often times asked for years of experience in thing I hadn't even heard of. I've been used to getting these offers that there was no way I could possibly fill their expectations for some time now.

Today, however, marks the first day that I was sent an offer that I was actually considerably overqualified for. Where they wanted 2 years experience I have like four or five, and the knowledge bits that would be a "plus" I had experience in most of them. I don't know if this sudden change actually means something, but maybe it won't be as hard to find a job next time I'm looking. Hopefully that won't be soon, but if it is, I feel slightly more confident now that I know there are jobs that I am actually overqualified for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home