Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

New laptop!

It ain't exactly been a long wait, but I have my laptop in my happy little hands! And boy is it a shit-ton prettier to look at than my last one. Not to mention lighter, better keyboard, better layout for just about everything, and a really sweet light design (very nice blue). The only downside this laptop has compared to the last one is that I had to spend money to get this one. But I'm still viewing this thing as a step up in just about every way possible.

Of course being the picky bastard that I am, the first thing I did after running through all the install BS was to start deleting shit off this thing I really didn't want or need (eg. AOL crap). And as a believer in open source technology over shit I actually paid for (and didn't really want), I downloaded Firefox (I'm actually typing this in Firefox!) and am already downloading OpenOffice for all my writing needs. Though I do have Office on this machine, which I may use from time to time, I've grown to like OO Writer much better than Word, so I had to have it.

Once all that stuff is completed and I've given my computer a nice reboot to take all those other setting that I changed, I'm going to go find a few heavy duty flash games and test out just how fast this computer runs. Who knows? It may become my new gaming rig. And with the badass wide screen that I have, I think those games just might look super pretty.

I am a very happy boy right now. I know that's rare, but dammit! New toy! GLEE!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boys with toys. *sigh*

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only difference between boys and men are the price tags on their toys. Regardless of how old we get, we still like boobs.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't argue that logic. Although I could point out that the same logic applies to woman, the older we get, the more expensive our toys get. I'd much rather have a new laptop than a new.. uhm.. whatever girls play with.

And woman are obsessed with boobs too, just in a different way.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home