Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Kung Fu test: Passed. Duh.

I am now the proud wearer of a green sash. Finally. The test was, as suspected, very hard for me in the endurance range and otherwise fairly simple. I can interpret my forms easily enough, and even though I messed up my form in one place consistently across doing the damn thing twice (totally psyched myself out to do so of course), but the rest of my form was good enough to make up for it. My fan form I rocked out even with the throwing of the fan to myself in the middle, so all that practice obviously worked. Now the hard part is remembering where I'm supposed to be in the line, that being farther to the left. It's a little weird to be standing on the other side of the room, but I'm sure I'll get over that.

Our new curriculum includes "Small Tiger 32 Step Continuous Fist" or Small Tiger for short, and a thus far unnamed staff form. I don't have a staff yet, but I'll be starting up with that next week. I"m pretty good with staves in general, so hopefully the form will be big and challenging. My only complaint about the weapons forms so far is that they're awfully short, so I'm hoping the staff form is a far cry from the rest of them. Likely not a realistic hope, but a man can dream, no? Regardless, I am enjoying Small Tiger so far, and I've only learned a single section, so I have high hopes for more Tiger goodness. :)

In case you're wondering, my stance on testing has not changed: I still hate testing and I still think testing is little more than an annoyance, but at least I'm going through with them anyway now. And it's four months before I even have to think about testing again! Huzzah.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have a fucking email address somewhere on here? It's bad enough that when I want to tell you a story about a drunken France I have to track your ass down on google, now I have to post comments? Let's not mention this drunken France episode happened in January and I'm just now getting around to "oh I should track down Steve and tell him about this, ha ha funny funny." Okay, done bitching.

Oh, and congrats on getting a new sash for your pajamas, good job!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home