Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"A perspective on the pledge" by someone other than me

The Atheist Ethicist is one of my favorite bloggers. Sometimes what he writes is very heavy on the philosophy side, which even I can't always slog through, but lately he's been writing a very telling series called "Perspective on the Pledge". The base idea is to consider the words "under god" in the pledge and why they should be removed, but rather than putting it in terms of theist vs. atheist, he puts it in terms of race. As an amateur writer I enjoy things like the style of his characters and whatnot, but the important part is how he makes his point on why the words "one white nation" in the pledge is just plain wrong. I've compiled as much as I could find of this story below. Why it starts with episode three I'm not entirely sure, and if you look carefully, it also has two part sevens, but hey! It's good reading.

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Three

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Four

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Five

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Six

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Seven

Perspective on the Pledge: Part Eight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home