Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Rock Band

I have purchased Rock Band. Lacking friends to play it with, I've played some tutorials, songs and what not, and gotten a feel for the game. That feel? Depressing. Rock band is not designed for the single player, it is designed for the multiple players. Which means I need friends to play with, rather than the depressing playing alone wacking on drums with no one to make snide comments to.

Guitar Hero III is very much a single player game; it's difficult, rewards hard work, and gives nearly inacessible goals to reach for. In short, it's a challenging and fun game. Rock Band, on the other hand, is a multiplayer game aimed, not at gamers, but at everyone. Therefore it's not very hard. Case and point, I picked up the guitar controler (which is cheap and crappy compared to the GH III controller), put the difficulty on Expert on a song I wasn't very familiar with, and got a 98% on the song. That's just lame. Drumming is harder, yes, as is singing (which is more fun than instruments alone IMO, but still depressing), but still they don't encourage one to play more. The just make me wish I had other people plyaing, even just one other person.

So what's the subtle undertone hidden in this blog post? Heh... I should think that obvious. I need band mates!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, fret not (get it? Fret? It's guitar humor!)... Brittany and I will be over to create the most rockin' band the world has ever seen...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home