Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, December 31, 2007

AVP-R

Shocking. Absolutely shocking. They got it right. After the original Alien vs Predator movie, I had to wonder if they could ever take either franchise and bring them back from the deep grave that their shitty movie had dug. It was so bad that even when the red (R rated) preview for AVP Requiem came out, I still had doubts. Though everything I read said that this new movie was basically an apology for the last one, I had to wonder unfavorably about this new upcoming movie. When I went to see the movie, I was skeptical but hopeful.

The hour and a half blood-bath that followed left me giggling. So many horrible things happened to people who both did and did not deserve the ungodly deaths they received were so worth the wait. There was no cheesy predator/human team up, the aliens didn't not use everyone (and I mean everyone) to their advantage, and everyone we wanted to survive most definitely had a low percentage chance of living to the end of the movie. People were killed by all sides and were often just caught in the crossfire of the battling races. No quarter was offered or received. The over all human survivor ratio for the entire movie must have been 5000 to 1. They even got the sound effects effects right by ignoring the more recent movies and going straight to Predator and Aliens for the noises we all expected. It was glorious.

Now don't go thinking this movie is a cinematic masterpiece, because it most assuredly is not. However, if you liked the Predator movies, liked Aliens (and possibly Alien), and you like me enjoy a story wherein people drop like flies in ways that make chills go up your spine, then this movie is definitely a very run ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home