Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The testing constant...

Being punched in the face.

Yes, that's right, every single Kung Fu test that I can remember has involved me being punched in the face. This time arount it wasn't quite as dramatic as the large black eye I ended up with, but my buddy the Afro Samurai punched me in the mouth and split my lip, so the tradition continues.

This test was the test I had been dreading taking for months. Rather than the normal very challenging test, this was the normal challenging test plus a marathon of doing almost every other form I knew. That's a whole lot of work. However, I'm fairly certain I passed and more than that did well on the test. I even got told that one of my forms was just shy of perfect, which was quite the honor.

This is not to say that I wasn't exhausted very quickly, which I was. Part of the problem was my thinking that the test was closer to 6 than to 6:30, so when I showed up a little before 6 I had some time to kill, and all I could think of to do was prepare for the test. There went some of my carefully horded energy. Of course a lot of energy was wasted all day as I sat and dreaded this fucking test.

Honestly, the test didn't turn out so bad. Bits I was expecting to be much harder, turned out to be easier since I really did train for this test hard. Not as much as I would have liked, but still enough to survive everything up to the sparring and everything. I find out if I passed... I dunno, sometime. If I went to the graduation thingy on Friday I would find out then, but I already have other Xmas-y plans so I can't make that. So whenever it is the new semester starts, I guess I'll find out if I got a new sash or whatever.

I will miss my red sash though. Blue is nice, but it'll never be as badass as the red sash on the black uniform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home