Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We have a winner!

The LG XV6800. That's right I already bought a new phone. I think out loud (so to speak, or not) on this blog, and normally when I post it helps me work through whatever issues I'm having so that I can take ACTION and do something. So I got me a new phone! It fits almost every single need I want with only a few issues. I thought an issue was when the phone was off that the alarms failed to actually alarm, but that was only because I had plugged my new phone into the computer. Doing that apparently turns off the alarms because, in theory, the alarms are appearing on my computer instead, so the phone itself need not make noise. That I can forgive. After figuring that out, I tested and confirmed that the alarms are fine.

The only actual issue that I have is that rather than having a simple desktop program that this thing can interface and synch with, it only interfaces with Outlook. I don't have Outlook. Now I have to go get Outlook. Through totally legitimate and legal means. Ahem. Which is a pain in the ass, as I really don't like Outlook, but since I can just (in theory) replace Outlook Express with plain old Outlook on my PC it shouldn't be much of a problem. The actual nice thing about this is that the phone likes to just jam whatever is on the phone into Outlook and any discrepencies are handled on the PC rather than on the phone. That's at least easier than the way Palm does it, so even though I hate Outlook, I at least get some perks.

New phone? Awesome. Synching with Outlook? Annoying but bearable for the perks I do get out of it. Rawk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home