Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Last.fm

Pandora Internet Radio is the greatest Internet radio station ever. I love it. Of course, it's been blocked at work.

Motherfuckers. Or, somewhat more entertaining to say: Monkey feathers!

I had been looking around, but more or less gave up and just listened to di.fm for months. Though Techno is great, and I do like some of their other stations, I really missed having punk, hardcore, and other assorted unspeakable metals to listen to at work.

Enter Last.fm! They recently made it possible, through the advertising method, to make all of the songs in their very impressive library available to listen to! Now, Last.fm vs. Pandora comes out Pandora winning on most levels. However, since I can listen to Last.fm at work, it's currently the work winner.

Much like Pandora, you give last.fm a band and it starts to pick out other bands it thinks you'll like. The music picks are usually good choices, only missing once in a while. The only advantages that I see Pandora having is that you don't need to download things to set up stations and that Pandora seems to have a lot more obscure and indie music whereas Last.fm concentrates more on popular music. However, listen at work, yadda yadda.

So if you wanna listen to bands that are like Tool, Bad Religion, or Dethklok for the truly strange (like me), try out Last.fm! I bet it works with popular music too, but I don't know what music is popular, so you'll have to try that one for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home