Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the difference of sleep

I had a great weekend on the one hand. Party a a friend's house, good drinks, great people, good time had all around. Great game night the next day, fantastic session, just fun for everyone all night. Can't say I didn't have a good time. But, as with all good things, there were certain downsides, which add up to a sad but amusing story.

So at the party I met up with an old friend and we shared his bottle of scotch. Once upon a time, this was a very normal situation for me and would be a welcomed evening's drink. However, as I really do not drink very much these days, drinking so much scotch was probably ill advised. As a result I did not take my sleep aid, as mixing generous quantities of scotch and anti-psychotic medication is not considered wise, so I did not get a good night of sleep.

So, the next day, hung over and unhappy, I woke early, ate little, and generally felt horrible until the game. After getting into the game, I had a great time, as mentioned, but had almost no food and little to drink, not helping me. All I really needed was a good night's sleep. So, after the game, I went home, took my drugs, and went to bed hoping for a good seven hours of sleep. When I woke and struggled to get back to sleep for several hours, I wondered what could possibly be wrong. It felt as if I hadn't taken my drugs at all. In the morning, I checked my drugs and found that rather than actually taking my sleep drugs, I had popped a multi-vitamin instead. Woops.

As a result, Monday was a day of living hell. No sleep for two days, permanent nausea, no food, and general wishing that I was dead. Work proved too much for me, and I ended up at home, trying and failing to eat, and wishing I was dead some more. I started passing out at 7 and took the right drugs (even double checked to be sure) and went to bed.

Now I feel fine. Not 100%, but compared to yesterday, I feel fantastic. The moral of the story: Don't mix the larger, slightly orange pills for the smaller, white pills that actually make you sleep. Got it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home