Sails & Sorcery

Kung Fu-ool's Comments

The best place to think out loud! A public forum where your minor errors can be magnified to incredible failures when your readers wildly misinterpret what you write.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wilmington, Delaware, United States

A friend of mine convinced me to start this blog. Oh what an adventure it's been ever since.

Monday, July 10, 2006

My Shitty Job.

There are things I do enjoy about my job: I'm in a technology field, I'm learning new skills and abilities, there are hot girls in my office. But there's plenty more to have problems with. Let's start the bitching!

1) I have no job title. So what? Well, when you try telling HR you're not getting paid enough for what you do and then tell them that you don't technically have a job title, if you manage to get them to give a flying fuck, tell me how. Here, if you have a job title, you can at least point out with truth that you are getting underpaid by some kind of standard.

2) I'm underpaid. Duh. Who isn't? But I really can't afford a house, a car, insurance on both, cable/internet, and a cell while also planning for my retirement. I'm sorry, but I can't live life if I can't do anything fun at all while I'm waiting for the rarest of rare good raises. I want to be a millionaire when I retire. I also want to be able to buy DVDs, CDs, books, video games, good food, good booze, while I'm still young. I don't think it unreasonable to think that enjoying life by spending some money should happen when I'm young too.

3) Abject boredom. One of the larger downsides of my job is that since I work for a huge company nothing ever actually happens. There's a lot of work to do out there, theoretically, but I can't figure out when I'll ever get to see it. Today, for example, a new special system was supposed to be pushed to everyone and I was going to get to start working on this new POS and have a deadline and everything! Didn't happen. Of course not. At the rate things go here, by the time two years has passed, I'll have done as much work as I did in the first four months at my previous job.

4) Craziness. There's always some kind of insanity going on here. Birthdays. Snack Days. Days where all the ladies in the office talk at the top of their lungs all goddamn day for no apparent reason. I really just want to sit in my cube and do my job, but that's more than a little difficult to do when I don't have a job and have people running all over the place yelling about whatever. Then there was that one time when three of the older ladies were discussing, of all things, thong underwear behind my cube, loudly.

5) My cube sits in a major traffic throughway for foot traffic. That means approxomately every three seconds, someone is busy walking past my cube behind me. This makes doing anything that doesn't look like work difficult. Considering the boredom I deal with near constantly, I need other things to amuse me. But if people, including managers, are going to keep wandering past behind me, that sure makes sitting here reading /. that much more irritating, to say nothing of my daily dose of web comics. My kingdom for a secluded cube!

Ok, I'm done bitching about my job. Those of you who know me have heard all this crap before. Those of you who don't must be really bored to be finding my blog, for Christ's sake. Hell, you probably work with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home